Trademark Infringement on Instagram
There are many other issues specifically related to the nature of the Internet and intellectual property, such as copyright and trademark issues. For example, if you register a domain name for your website without checking whether it is available for your use, you may subject yourself to a federal or state trademark claim because someone already has that name registered for their business use, and as the registrant has presumed priority over you. When you start your business operations, receiving a cease and desist letter in the mail or being sued in federal court is an unpleasant surprise.
Attorney Leonid Mikityanskiy is an experienced registered patent attorney, knowledgeable about patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, and Internet law. Law Offices of Leo Mikityanskiy provides intellectual property and Internet counseling to staring and existing businesses. Internet businesses have the same basic requirements for legal documentation as all other businesses, but Internet businesses have more requirements. At the very least, you should consider the following short list of issues and determine whether these issues have the potential to affect your business.
At Law Offices of Leo Mikityanskiy, we consult businesses on Internet Law and Website Content:
- Domain name, domain name conflicts and cybersquatting issues;
- Trademark applications for business products, services, or packaging, and trademark conflicts and infringement issues;
- Actual warranties for products and/or services;
- False advertising and representations that may be viewed as fraudulent, misleading, or exaggerated;
- Copyright ownership of your website content and/or software; and
- Design and development agreements for products and software;
Law Offices of Leo Mikityanskiy represents clients in various business matters concerning the Internet and website law in Brooklyn, NY and Bucks County, PA. Please contact business attorney Leonid Mikityanskiy today at our Brooklyn, NY office at (215) 357-1400 or our Bucks County, PA office at (215) 357-1400 to discuss your business needs.
Schedule A Consultation
Fill out the form below to schedule a confidential initial consultation.