Business litigation typically involves lawsuits between business enterprises and professionals. The lawsuits may involve contractual agreements and statutory issues concerning duties that arise by a civil statute or by operation of law. Often, these lawsuits involve issues that were not explicitly defined and agreed upon in a written agreement, so the courts have to make conclusions and inferences based on the available evidence and testimony. Business litigation frequently requires knowledge of accounting and financial issues because court claims are often based on matters that involve accounting or finances, and the calculations of damages are based on the same principles.
Law Offices of Leo Mikityanskiy serves as counsel for plaintiffs and defendants in the following types of business lawsuits and matters:
- Shareholder, Member and Partner disputes, including over Shareholder Agreements and LLC Operating Agreements;
- Business and financial disputes between business partners;
- Unfair competition claims and interference with existing and prospective contractual relationships;
- Lender clams and debt collection including judgments, promissory notes and secured agreements (mortgages);
- Contractual disputes and breaches of contract, including independent contractors, and monetary and injunctive relief;
- Breaches of fiduciary duties by Boards or individual Officers or Directors;
- Claims of fraud, self-dealing, and negligence;
- Trade secrets, trademark and copyright infringement and breaches of non-compete, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements;
- Disputes with the family of disabled or deceased shareholders or members: buyouts and forced buyouts, rights of shareholders, and rights of minority shareholders; and
- Disputes with insurance companies, including denials of coverage for insured buildings, vehicles, inventory, personal injury, business interruptions, and other claims.
Law Offices of Leo Mikityanskiy represents clients in Brooklyn, NY and Bucks County, PA. If you wish to discuss your business needs, please contact business attorney Leonid Mikityanskiy today at our Brooklyn, NY office at (718) 256-3210 or our Bucks County, PA office at (215) 357-1400.
Schedule A Consultation
Fill out the form below to schedule a confidential initial consultation.